India is a seventh largest country located in the centre of south Asia bordering Pakistan to northwest, Bangladesh to east and Maldives to south west. The name India is derived from Indus originating from the word Hindu with one billion inhabitants divided into two thousand ethnic groups and stretching from high mountains to tropical greenery.
IMPORTANT PLACES TO BE VISITED:
- HAWA MAHAL:Hawa Mahal is a red stand stone five storey structure and the most popular attraction with unique purpose and also known as the palace of wind where royal woman can view street activities in hidden view. The structure consist of pyramid shaped structure with 953 windows with Rajputana architecture
- DHARAMSALA: Dharamsala is the home to Dalai Lama and also to the Tibetan government. It’s a spiritual dwelling place for pilgrims to rest and popular for hiking enthusiasts and travellers
- RANAKPUR TEMPLE :Ranakpur temple is a decorative Jain temple famous for art and architecture built in 15th century and took 50 years to construct it and it’s the largest temple with 29 halls,80 domes and 1,444 pillars each one of unique with highlighting interior carvings
- QUTB MINAR:Qutb minar is the highest brick minaret towering 80 metres into the sky made of marble and red sandstone bricks with carvings. It has circular staircase with 379 steps and Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosqueaa, the first mosque built in India and named because of metals don’t rust
- THIKSE MONASTERY : It is a 12 story building and the only Buddhist monastery located in ladakh with 3600 metres high and contains the tallest statue
FEATURES OF INDIA:
- India – the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the grandmother of Tradition.
- India was an island, around 100 million years ago.
- The India name is derived from the Greek word “Indus” River.
- In India, the people followed the Indus Valley Civilisation, which is the oldest civilisation in the world.
- In India, the religion Hindu is derived from Indo-Aryan and Sanskrit.
- India is a Country, which has multiple regional and local languages. And India ranks the second largest English speaking country in the world.
- The country area ranks seventh largest and by population wise, it ranks second largest.
- And it is the most developing populous democracy country in the world.
- Agriculture in India plays most important economic sectors.
- The Border areas of India in the West are Pakistan and Afghanistan, East are Bangladesh and Myanmar, and in the North boundary are china, Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.
- The India Surrounded by different regions such as Great Mountains zone, the Indo-gangetic plain, the deserts and Southern Peninsula.
- The national flag of India Contains three colours such as India Saffron, White and India Green along with Ashoka Chakra wheel in the centre, which contains 24,
- The world’s major religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism lived together in India.
- The major language spoke in India is Hindi, besides Hindi, 25 million Indians spoke Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Urdu, Gujarati, Bengali, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Odisi etc.