MILLE FEUILLE GATEAU Recipe Preparation Method
- Puff pastry Dough 200g
- Apricot jams 100g
- Pastry cream 1/4litre
- Fondant (or) Water icing 200g
Preparation Method for Mille Feuille Gateau :
- Roll out the pastry 2m.m thick into on even sides square.
- Roll up carefully on a rolling pin & unrolled onto a greased dampened baking sheet.
- Using two-fourth pieces as many holes as possible.
- Cut in half with a large knife then cut each of into two to from even side’s rectangle.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220°C (425°F) for about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn the strip over after 10 minutes allow cooling.
- Keep the best strip for the top spread pastry cream on the strip.
- Place another strip on top and spread with jam.
- Place the third strip on top and spread with pastry cream.
- Place the last strip on top, flat side up.
- Press down firmly with the flat fray.
- Decorate by feather icing as follows.
- Warm the fondant to the blood heat and correct the consistency with sugar syrup is necessary.
- Separate the little fondant into two colors and place in paper cornets.
- Pour the fondant over the mille feuille in an even coat.
- Immediately pipe on one of the color lengthwise in strips 1c.m apart.
- Quickly pipe on the second color between each line on the first.
- With the back of the small knife wippen of an each stroke mark down the slice at 2c.m intervals.
- Quickly turn the slice around and repeat in the same direction with storks in between the previous once.
- Allow to set and firm the edges neatly.
- Cut into even portions with the sharp cling bladed knife. Dip into hot water and wipe the clean after each.