JAPCAKE Recipe Preparation Method
Ingredients for Japcake :
- Egg whites 2no.s
- Sugar 90gms
- Almond essence 2 drops
- Banana 2no.s
- Cashew nut 90gms
- Icing sugar 90gms
- Butter 45gms
- Vanilla essence 5ml
Preparation Method for Japcake :
- Whisk egg white until stiff add sugar and ground nuts.
- Line swiss roll tin with oiled paper and spread with the mixture.
- Bake in a centre of slow oven 175C (350F) till it becomes golden about 15 minutes
- Take out of oven and mark 18-20 small rounds as close to each other to avoid wastage.
- Return cake to oven and cook for about another 15 minutes.
- Lift rounds out carefully and return trimmings to oven to brown.
- Cool and make into crumbs
- Decorate and put pieces of roasted nuts on the top.