JALOUSIE Recipe Preparation Method
Ingredients for JALOUSIE
- Flour 200gms
- Fat 120gms
- Salt 5gms
Preparation Method for JALOUSIE
- Roll out one third of the pastry 3min thick into a strip 25 ´10cm and place on a greased. Dampered baking sheet.
- Pierce with the fork moisten the edges.
- Spread down the filling . leaving 2c.m free all the way round
- Roll out the remaining two third of the pastry to the same size.
- Fold in half length wise. With a sharp knife cut slits across the fold about ½ c.m apart to with in 2c.m oh the edge.
- Carefully open out this strip and neatly place. Onto the fruit strip.
- Heaten and decorate the edge. Brush with egg wash.
- bake at 220°F 425°F) for about 25 to30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and return to a very hot oven to glaze.