GATEAU PITHIVIERS Recipe Preparation Method
Ingredients for GATEAU PITHIVIERS
- Flour 120gms
- Icing sugar 50gms
- Butter 100gms
- Vanilla essence 7ml
- Corn flour 20gms
Preparation Method for Gateau Pithivers
- Roll out one third of the pastry into a round 20c.m 2mm thick. Moisten the edges and place on a greased. Dampened baking sheet, spread the centre with jam.
- Prepare the frangipane by creaming the margarine and sugar in a bowl gradually adding the beaten eggs and folding in the flour & almonds.
- Spread on the frangipane, Leaving a 2.c.m. border round the edge.
- Roll out the remaining two thirds of the pastry& cut into a slightly larger round.
- Place neatly on top. Sealed and decorate the edge.
- Using a sharp pointed knife curved cuts 2mm. deep. Radiating from the center 2 about 2.cm from the edge brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 220°C (425°F) for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Glaze with icing sugar as for jalousie.