FONDANT ICING Recipe Preparation Method
Ingredients for Fondant Icing
- Sugar 500gms
- Water 150ml
- Lime juice 5ml
Preparation Method for FONDANT ICING
- Put sugar and water in a thick bottom pan heat slowly till all the sugar is dissolved if the syrup.
- Add lime juice is liquid glucose. Dissolved with syrup and steam it.
- Boil till soft ball consistency is reached (240°F)
- Cool the syrup slightly on a top and beat it vigorously. Till it becomes white in a color.
- Store fondant in air-tight container when it is required to use take a desired quantity in a pan and warmer in double boiler or add sugar stock.
- A smooth paste made from boiled sugar syrup, often colored or flavored, used as a filling for chocolates or a coating for cakes, nuts, or fruit.
- A candy made from or filled with fondant